Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Favorite Beauty Products // May 2015


1. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
I've been using this for a few months now, and still, every time I put it on my face I'm absolutely blown away. It has this weird bright effect to it that almost makes it look like it would glow in the dark, (which it doesn't- I've tried.) That sounds scary but it translates to perfectly glowing healthy happy looking skin, even under the most drab, dull foundations. And for a nice plus, it keeps my oil at bay and my foundation in place for the whole day. I would definitely say it was worth the $50. Can you really put a price on super f*cking glow-y skin?!★★★★★


Ethereal is one of my favorite words and Hourglass is one of my favorite brands so when I saw this product there was no way I was going to pass it up. I believe this powder is meant to be used as a highlight, but I dust it lightly over my entire face to set my foundation and it gives me the most beautiful, magical, glowing complexion. It makes me feel like an angel! There is a tad bit of shimmer so if you aren't into that then steer clear, but i find it to be the perfect amount without going overboard. If you wanna feel like a pretty space goddess then I would seriously recommend checking this out, along with the rest of Hourglass' products.★★★★
Ive only been using this for a few weeks but it is already basically the best foundation I've ever used my whole life. I've been searching for my "holy grail" foundation and I think I've finally found it. I've gone out for hours on a 90 degree day and stayed completely shine free wearing this. It's genuinely really long lasting and oil controlling. The finish isn't cakey or dull at all, which is a problem I have with most matte foundations. Nothing fancy, just a really good foundation that I recommend to anyone with oily skin.★★★★★



4. Maison Martin Margiela Replica Funfair Evening
I was hesitant to include this because I'm absolutely shit at describing scents, but it just makes me so happy, so why not. This scent really does remind me of an evening at a fair. It smells of caramel and cotton candy and lots of other fun stuff that I can't exactly pinpoint. Its not super long lasting but after a few hours the subtle scent on the skin is so beautiful and sweet. I also love how pretty the bottle is. I'm literally so picky about perfume bottles, i'll only buy a full size if the bottle is perfect. Its kind of expensive for an eau de toilette, but I have no regrets about buying it and will definitely repurchase when I run out.★★★★


Thank you for reading, talk to you next week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment